We provided NCERT Solutions for Class 4 Maths Chapter 1 Building With Bricks is prepared by the best teachers across India. These NCERT 4th Class Maths Chapter 1 Building With Bricks Solution includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 1 Building With Bricks provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for Class 4 in CBSE school Books. This will help students to understand basic concepts better.
CBSE NCERT 4th Class Maths Chapter 1 Building With Bricks Solutions
|Organisation||National Council of Educational Research and Training|
|Class Name||4th Class|
|Chapter Name||Chapter 1|
|Content name||Building With Bricks|
|Category Name||CBSE NCERT Solutions|
NCERT 4th Class Maths Chapter 1 Building With Bricks Solution is given below
NCERT Textbook Page 2
1. Which floor pattern do you like the most?
Ans. I like pattern 5 because this seems familiar.
2. Have you seen such patterns anywhere?
Ans. Yes, this type of pattern is prevalent in mosques.
NCERT Textbook Page 3
1. Which pattern is made in a circle?
Ans. J-pattern is made in a circle.
2. In which pattern can you show mirror halves? Draw a line.
Ans. We can show mirror halves in pattern H.
3. Now you draw some new floor patterns.
Ans. Some new floor patterns made of brick are given here.
NCERT Textbook Page 4
1. How to draw a brick?
Ans. Drawing of brick is given below:
2. How many faces in all does a brick have?
Ans. A brick has six faces.
3. Is any face of a brick a square?
Ans. No. A brick has no square face.
4. Draw the smallest face of the brick.
Ans. Smallest face of a brick is being drawn here:
5. Which of these are the faces of a brick? Mark a (Right)
6. Which of these is a drawing of a brick? Mark a (Right)
7. Make a drawing of this box to show 3 of its faces.
Ans. Drawing of the given box with three faces is given below:
8. Can you make a drawing of a brick which shows 4 of its faces?
Ans. No. Such drawing cannot be made. ‘
NCERT Textbook Page 5
1. What do you think? Which wall will be stronger?
Ans. Wall made by Zainab will be stronger
NCERT Textbook Page 6
1. How many different ‘jaali’ patterns can you see in these two photos?
Ans. There are five different ‘jaali’ patterns in the given two photos.
NCERT Textbook Page 7
1. Now colour some bricks red and make your own ‘jaali’ patterns in the wall drawn below.
Ans. My new ‘jaali’ pattern is given in adjoining figure.
2. Now draw some jharokha pattern on the wall here. You can shade it black.
Ans. New jharokha pattern is given here:
NCERT Textbook Page 9
1. Have you seen arches in a bridge?
2. Where else have you seen an arch?
Ans. I saw arches in old bridges. One of such bridges is situated in Jaunpur on the river Saryu
3. Isn’t the ‘jaali’ of this window beautiful? It is made of thin bricks. Have you ever seen thin bricks? Look around.
Ans. The ‘jaali’ of the window given in photograph is very beautiful. I have seen thin bricks. In Red Fort, situated in Delhi, thin bricks are used.
NCERT Textbook Page 10
1. Which of these bricks have curved edges?
Ans. Bricks given in the figure (iii) and (iv) from the top left have curved edges.
2. How many faces do you see of the longest brick?
Ans. Two faces are seen in the longest brick given in the figure.
3. Is there any brick which has more than six faces?
Ans. There are six faces in a brick, but only three of them can be seen at a time. A broken brick may have more than six faces.
4. Have you seen bricks of different sizes?
Ans. Yes, I saw bricks of different sizes.
5. Take one brick and measure it.
(a) How long is it? (b) How wide is it? (c) How high is it?
Ans. (a) 10 inches (b) 5 inches (c) 3 inches.
6. Muniya wants to make a wall 1 metre long. How many bricks will she need to put in a line?
Ans. She requires 4 bricks. The wall will become 25.4 x 4 = 1.016 metre long which is slightly more than one metre.
7. Can you guess how high is the chimney here? Is! it:
(a) About 5 metres? (b) About 15 metres? (c) About 50 metres?
Ans. The height of chimney given in the figure is about 50 metres.
NCERT Textbook Page 11
1. Here are four pictures from the brick kiln. These pictures are jumbled up. Look at them carefully. Write the correct order.
Ans. The correct order of the figure is C, D, B, A.
NCERT Textbook Page 12
1. Can you try to write the number one lakh.
2. Look at these photos and guess how many bricks are carried by this truck.
Ans. Usually, a truck carries about 3000 bricks.
3. Bhajan decided to buy the new bricks from Brickabad. He bought three thousand bricks. How much did he pay?
Given the price of bricks
Old bricks — Rs 1200 for one thousand bricks
New bricks from Intapur — Rs 1800 for one thousand bricks
New bricks from Brickabad — Rs 2000 for one thousand bricks
Ans. Bhajan has to pay Rs 6000.
1. Guess what he will pay if he buys 500 old bricks.
Ans. He will pay Rs 600.